Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Road trip anyone??

It's been a little over two weeks since I decided to embark upon a journey to a healthier lifestyle. I've always loved road trips. The best part about them is, if you get lost it's okay. That is what road trips are for! If you are lucky you discover something fun, new and exciting. Sometimes, you find a crappy roadside motel with no hot water and a lumpy bed. This is where I fall in. I had thought these first two weeks would be a piece of cake for me. Life, however, is a fair weather friend.  The stress of coordinating an out of state move, losing my job and trying to say goodbye to family and friends was too much for my waistline to bear. I found out I am a stress eater, something I am not sure I knew about myself until now.

Suffice it to say, I am not pleased with my progress. I've tried to infuse healthier eating habits into my daily routine, but they keep getting lost among the salty snacks and bad food choices that pop up like giant pot holes in front of me. I can't seem to swerve out of the way and avoid them. That being said, I am still in the driver's seat on this journey. I've never been one to turn around and go home simply because I got lost trying to get somewhere. I'm not too proud to stop and ask for directions. I will just consider this a pit stop on my road trip to a healthier me. I may have picked up some souvenirs in the form of unwanted pounds but that is okay. I am getting back on the road today and soon those souvenirs are going to be in a box waiting for my next yard sale along with all the other trinkets I've picked up along my waistline.

Adios and Vaya Con Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment